Saturday, December 20, 2008

The Conflict Between Coffee and Sleep

I once was asked if I were to write an autobiography what the title would be. "The Conflict Between Coffee and Sleep" was the only reasonable answer I could give. Coffee is my enabler to live life and sleep is my reward for the life I lived that day. I need both but neither really like each other. My life is the conflict that is between the coffee and sleep everyday. This blog will be a slice of who I am, my life, and conflict I am daily battling. I figured if I were to have any readers find my posts worth their time, they may want to know the author. I'm Lindsay. I love challenges and I love to contemplate life. I hate the word "love" because it has been overused and misinterpreted. God is the true source of my motivation in life. The reason is because this life is a mere detour on my way to true life with God. This is my time to practice worshiping my Creator and Savior. I love God ("love" is neither misused or misinterpreted in this situation). People say I'm controversial; I say I'm honest. If honesty comes in the form of controversy, count it a blessing that I care enough. I'm studying in seminary to be a counselor. I don't know what God wants me to do with my life to serve Him, but I found my calling to seminary helping families in government housing during college. I was blessed to see children come to know the Lord and families mend their relationships. This is what I want to see every day for the rest of my life. I would like to go to Seattle or Chicago someday, but I'm content where I am for now. Insecurities ransom my confidence. People shape my thoughts. Relationships encourage my morale. Reading builds my intellect. Art motivates my creativity. Children tickle my laughter. Compliments paint a blush on my cheeks. God gives me rest. Waiting draws my patience. I'm awkward sometimes, but I like to call it quirky. My philosophy of life is to do what you say. I call it Coreism... not to be confused with the major philosophies of life. My goal is to motivate people to stop talking about dreams, great ideas, goals... but to initiate and follow through with these dreams. It makes sense. We esteem those who followed this philosophy! My past has developed the Lindsay that exists today, but today is not contingent on my past. I've lived, learned, and left the old ways. I'm thankful for God's grace. This "past" may be brought up in future blogs but only for learning purposes. For now, all you need to know is God is good!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! You're a blogger! I can't wait to read more - this was really good. I think we could be good friends ;)

    Keep the thoughts coming!

    ReplyDelete