Monday, January 19, 2009

Christianity: The Relationship

Shame! I don't know who to shame: the Christians or the world! I'm reluctant to allow either to escape my sorrow at the moment. The other day I began watching a movie called "Saved". I'd never even heard of it before, but I figured the title has a message that either the world should hear or the saints should pray. Not five minutes into the movie did my blood boil. The movie portrays a young population of religious freaks... following rules, going to Jesus camps, choosing the lesser of sins in Jesus' name. One sin saving someone from another sin, instead of allowing God's salvation to be sufficient. It occurred to me that most likely the writer of this script had no clue what Christianity is... love!
Shame the Christians! If the world is somehow confused or misled in the purpose of Christianity, it is the Church's fault for not showing them. We cannot expect the World to understand a relationship they don't believe in. We can't expect love from the World if they don't know true love. We can't expect the World to forgive if the Church is constantly holding grudges. We can't expect the World to abide in laws of the Bible if they are allowed to believe they create their own destiny. We can't expect the World to believe there is hope if the Church looks hopeless. We can't expect the World to sacrifice for others if the best treasure they have is really this World and not something greater in Heaven. We can't expect the World to change if the Church looks like the World.
The world asks for proof of God. Is there some scientific, archaeological remnants from Moses? When was earth created? Prove Jesus is raised from the dead? I'm not a scientist. God has not blessed me with all this knowledge to prove history. All I have to offer is myself as a living sacrifice to God. My relationship with God started eleven years ago by faith. Christianity is a faith based religion, but this does not undermine its reality. My relationship with God is no longer by faith, but by experience. If the World wants proof of God's existence, then let them see me. In the book of Acts in the Bible Jesus said he left the Holy Spirit for us, which is better than Jesus being here because all believers have God with them at all times now interceding on our behalf. Therefore, I always have God with me to show proof. I can love, forgive, have joy, peace, persevere, and hope because I know God is far greater than anything this world will throw at me. Having a relationship with God is the fulfillment to any void in my life prior to this relationship. He is perfect and never lets me down. He is patient with me.
So World I now shame you! God has blessed even you, those who do not believe in Him, with the beauty of this world, with every breath you have been allowed to take, with undeserving love, with marriage and families that is a holy sanction, and with a choice to love Him back. My God is good and does not deserve your slandering. So if you choose not to love Him, that is your choice. However, do not dare lie about God who is pure Truth; leave the lies to Satan, the father of lies. Do not speak of what you do not understand... seek the truth and maybe this religion will transform into a relationship for you too.

2 comments:

  1. it's always such an encouragement to read your blogs. keep on preachin it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess since the movie "Saved" didn't float your boat you should try the tv series "Lost." Wednesday nights! Very good!

    Just kidding.

    Hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete